We invite you to take a break and go for a little walk with us down "Bark Avenue"....the road of most memorable animal quotes. So go get your dog, kitty, ferret, bunny, or whatever furry friend you love, and come back. Go ahead now, we'll wait.
No, really... go get your buddy... we'll wait.
Are you back?
Ok. Now give that special friend of yours a pat on the head, a good scratch and a big hug so they know you love them. And if you can, put them on your lap while you paws & reflect on these little quotes.
Quotes to Ponder
- "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras
- "The Dog is a gentleman. I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain
- "If a dog will not come to you having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." -Woodrow Wilson
- "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden. Where doing nothing was not boring—it was peace." - Milan Kundera
- "No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
- "Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads." - Harry Truman
- "Puppies are nature's remedy for feeling unloved...plus numerous other ailments of life." - Richard Allen Palm
- "No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend." - Will Rogers
- "You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you they will be there long before any of us!" - Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about little puppies." - Gene Hill
- "Every dog must have his day."-Jonathan Swift
"If you would invest in friendship, purchase a dog."- Le Baron Cooke
- "One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is he doesn't try to find out why." - Unknown
- "The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a little brother, and they'll settle for a puppy every time."-Winston Pendelton
- "I myself have known some profoundly thoughtful dogs."-James Thurber
- "I hope my tongue in prune juice smothers if I belittle dogs and mothers." - Ogden Nash
- "It is fatal to let any dog know that he is funny, for he immediately loses his head and starts hamming it up." P.G. Wodehouse
- "It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more puppies." - Unknown
- "The biggest dog has been a pup." - Joaquin Miller
- "The dispostion of a noble dog is to be gentle with people they know, and the opposite with those they don't know." - Plato
- "If a picture wasn't turning out very well, I'd put a puppy in it." - Norman Rockwell
- "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland
- "If it weren't for dogs, some people would never go for a walk." - Unknown
Tired Yet? Me neither....let's keep going.